The Muskoka Watershed (FMW), is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the efforts of the Muskoka Watershed Council (MWC).
The Aben Team shares an appreciation for the work of MWC and we recognize that by becoming members that we are helping the MWC maintain the health of the lands, lakes and rivers of Muskoka.
The MWC does this by:
- Promoting wise stewardship of our watershed through public education;
- Orchestrating the energy of many committed supporters;
- Monitoring and reporting on the status and trends of watershed health indicators;
- Taking action as appropriate to minimize issues outlined by reports;
- Providing academic scholarships to support local research.
MWC accomplishes these things through: Educational events such as the Muskoka Stewardship Conference, the Muskoka Summit on the Environment, environmental lectures and hands-on workshops; Preparation of stewardship resources such as the Muskoka Watershed Report Card, the Living in Cottage Country Handbook, and other helpful guides; and Delivering the Love Your Lake shoreline evaluation and stewardship program in Muskoka.
We invite you to get involved in and keep informed of these activities, all of which are described on their website at www.muskokawatershed.org. Consider becoming a member today.
Consider joining Friends of the Muskoka Watershed during this crucial period of organizational growth. Their current focus is increasing community engagement with watershed health initiatives and opening the door to an array of exciting opportunities for members.
As a community and as memebers lets work together to promote the long-term health of the living ecosystems of Muskoka.