Welcome to Bittern Lake Estates
A haven of natural beauty located only 15 minutes north of Huntsville Ontario in Perry Township
5 year old executive quality home on 13.6 acre lot
No visible neighbours
675’ of water front
1/19 share in a 100 acre forest
No public access to lake
Custom built kitchen with granite countertops
Vaulted ceiling in Great Room
3 bedrooms plus office/den
2 full and 1 half baths
Fully finished lower level with walk out
This is a very unique place. Almost the whole of Bittern Lake is encompassed by this land use condominium corporation. The estates comprise of 19 large private lots and 100+ acres of land owned in common. There are approximately 8 other property owners on the lake and absolutely no public access point so the lake is for the exclusive and private use of the less than 30 families who own the land surrounding it.
The Estate owners and the private property owners on the lake have together made an agreement to make the lake a no motor lake to preserve the peace and tranquility here. In addition, the estate owners have elected to make the estate grounds motor free too, so apart from entrance and egress to public trails outside the estate, there are no ATV’s or snow mobiles to worry your ears either!
The corporation has even elected to have “quiet Sunday’s” adding to the theme of a sanctuary of privacy and peace - there will be no humming lawn mowers or buzzing chain saws on quiet day!
The 100 acre forest is a place where all the owners can walk their dogs, hike, snow shoe, cross country ski and simply enjoy their wonderful environment.
As a land use condominium the road and trails are part of the common elements and so are maintained by the corporation. This includes the snowploughing in the winter and the spring maintenance as well as liability insurance. The 2013 fee was $695.
The quality of the construction in this beautiful home is clearly superior. A great deal of attention was made not only to the materials used but the craftsmanship with which they were installed. Add to that the thoughtful flow of both the interior and the exterior and you will be impressed.
There are 5 different decks situated around the house designed to capture the sunshine and the beauty that surrounds you here. There is even a covered one so you can BBQ year round!
The landscaping has been completed and is extensive including exposing the stunning natural granite outcrops on the property.
The attached double garage is oversized, insulated and boarded with lots of light as it features 3 windows and a “man door” as well as a direct entrance into the home. The garage doors are top quality and the openers are whisper quiet. In addition it has been wired for the installation of both a heating system and a generator so it is perfect for the handy man or woman.
The interior of this beautiful home will continue to impress you. The welcoming entrance foyer is spacious enough for several people to remove coats and boots in comfort and a large enough closet to store it all. Ceramic flooring for easy clean up even in the snowy weather.
From here you enter the Great Room a bright and spacious area that will grab your heart and say “perfect”. It’s vaulted ceiling and window wall with propane fireplace is likely the first thing you will notice. The lovely hardwood floors will also stand out.
Open concept design allows for a large dining area and a custom designed kitchen with handmade cabinetry and granite counter tops. This great floor plan is awesome for entertaining which you will likely have to do often once your family knows you live here!
Decorated in an understated palate of natural tones it cleverly brings the beauty of the outside inside.
Just off the great room you will find the Muskoka room. The perfect place to enjoy your morning coffee 3 seasons of the year this lovely pine clad room will be one of your favorites. The walls and ceiling are insulated and there is an electric fireplace, to take the chill out of the air, in the early spring and late fall.
The east end of the home features the Master Suite. A sunrise lover’s dream, this room has windows on 3 walls to let the light and beauty in. Fear not, it is super easy to pull the blinds if you prefer. You certainly do not need to worry about the neighbour’s as the closest one is over 1000’ away and cannot be seen!
The suite features a full 4 piece bath room with a soaker tub and a separate shower and a closet with handmade cabinetry (the door for the closet is stored if you prefer to have it on).
The balance of the main floor offers a lovely 2 piece powder room for guests, with a cool special paint feature. A fabulous utility room off the Kitchen with laundry and sink with vanity, as well as large closet and access to the BBQ deck and the garage. Finally there is a den or office or even a 4th bedroom. There are buried Bell and Hydro lines, high speed internet and 5 bars of cell service with Bell, so there is no problem running a business from here.
The first thing you will notice when entering the lower level is that it has been thoughtfully designed to function as a completely private guest suite with a separate entrance and a lockable door to the upper level. Combine that with the kitchenette and you can have family come to stay and still all have some privacy.
This level is of course, completely finished to the same exacting standards as the rest of the house. An extra course of block means you have high ceilings and the large windows means there is an abundance of natural light. The ceilings on this level are all pine and add to the lovely country ambiance.
You will not notice any dampness in this great space as it has been insulated to R24, in fact the insulation in the whole building exceeds code with the attic containing R50.
There is a drilled well and a septic system that has excess capacity so an additional bedroom would be permitted. It is heated with forced air propane and the BBQ, stove and clothes dryer all operate on propane. The lines for a propane hot water tank are installed if a conversion is desired.
Last but definitely not least we come to the beautiful waterfront. Accessed by crossing the trail the 674.6 feet of shore line has been left in its natural state. There are lovely granite steps to a Hemlock boardwalk and deck that will take you to the beautiful Tamarack and Spruce dock. Built to last but blend into the setting beautifully. There is also a great floating raft to swim from just a few feet from shore.
Imagine, sitting on the floating dock at the end of a long summer day watching the sun set – spectacular!
Features to Remember
Some general information
- Vista Lane and Wolf Trail are private roads with light traffic, great for walking.
- Subject property is known as Lot 14. Only 5 lots beyond (Lots 15-19). One year round resident and four that come up approximately every other weekend.
- The lake is approximately 140 acres and 23 feet deep.
- Fourteen of the nineteen lots are built on. (All lots past me are built on, no more construction).
- Five kilometres off the highway and fifteen minutes to Huntsville.
- Novar has a grocery store, Canada Post, LCBO, gas station and restaurant.
About 16 Wolf Trail
- Landscaped with gardens and rock walls and stairs of natural granite.
- Raised bed vegetable garden and boxes.
- Upgraded vinyl siding and 30 year asphalt shingles. Upgraded windows.
- Quality crushed granite driveways and paths. Engineered floor joists.
- 3 exterior taps, 4 exterior electrical outlets, 2 attractive rain barrels.
- DogWatch Hidden Fence System.
- Walk-out level has its own entrance, path and parking. Excellent for guests and family visits.
- R50 in ceilings and R24 in all walls, including walk-out level.
- Main floor is hand scraped engineered Hickory, ceramic in foyer, powder room and en suite, vinyl in laundry/mud room and Muskoka Room.
- Kitchen is high end custom cabinetry, granite counter tops and large island.
- Quality light fixtures and ceiling fan.
- Walk in closet in master bedroom is 7' x 5' and has custom shelving.
- The lower level storage room is 11' x 5'. (Dimensions would not fit on the listing data sheet).
- Walk-out level is a quality vinyl that is warm and comfortable but looks like hand scraped wide plank wood flooring!
- Hard wired smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Painted exterior concrete, vents and piping to blend with siding May, 2013.
- New exterior window shutters installed June, 2013.
Rules and Regulations, Declaration, By Law, Disclosure Statement, Survey, Septic papers, Well certificate.
This information is provided by the Seller to assist a potential Buyer. The onus is on the Buyer to verify all information pertaining to the subject property and that is supplied here.